The firm was started in 1955 by Mr. B.G.Bhatt (Chartered Architect) , who rose from a very humble background to establish one of Bombay’s leading design houses.
Mr. B.G.Bhatt graduated from Sir. J.J. college of Architecture in 1948 and worked under some leading architectural firms before starting his own office, which was located at a corner hence the name Architectural Corner.
The firm went on to design some of the leading educational institutions and public buildings in Bombay, and the major breakthrough was achieved in 1953, when Architectural Corner was appointed to design the Juhu Vile Parle Development Scheme, a 2.25-hectare layout consisting of 750 residential plots and various educational buildings, quite a few of which were designed by Architectural Corner.
The firm became a pioneer in designing theatres and cinemas and went on to design over a 100 cinema houses all over the country, a trend that has continued till date. One of the strengths of Architectural Corner has been the ability to adapt and change as per the times, which has seen three generations of architects helping it achieve this.