Archirodon is a large diversified international contracting organization, was established in 1959 in the form of a J.V. of the Greek firms Archimedes, Greece’s foremost marine contractor at the time and Odon & Odostromaton, a road construction specialist group.
Guided by two of Greece’s most prominent construction pioneers, Theodore Constantopoulos and Constantinos Karpidas, the J.V. started its professional life by building the ports of Benghazi in Libya (1961) and subsequently the port of Beirut in Lebanon (1962).
The Joint Venture’s success soon led it to develop into a major contractor in its own merit, establishing itself in 1971 as Archirodon Construction (Overseas) Co. S.A.
Under sound management, dedicated professional manpower and the quality and reliability of its work, the company further developed expanding its operations initially in Saudi Arabia and subsequently in other Gulf countries, in North Africa and the Mediterranean area.
At present, Archirodon with its parent company Archirodon Group N.V., registered in the Netherlands since the year 2000, has main offices and branches and project sites in the U.A.E., Saudi, Arabia, Bahrain, Cyprus, Greece, Egypt, Jordan, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Singapore and Kazakhstan.
Further to its core construction activities, the company has also established an in-house Engineering Department, which handles a significant portion of engineering work required for its projects.